The Office of Institutional Research (OIR) serves as a resource to the university community providing systematic, timely official data and analysis to meet external accountability and internal data requirements and to enhance institutional planning and data-informed decision making.
- oversee the systematic collection, maintenance, analysis and reporting of institutional data;
- fulfill institututional-level reporting requirements including surveys requested by state and federal agencies and other external agencies;
- provide ad hoc academic data and analysis to administration and academic units;
- translate internal and external data into useful information;
- collaborate with UM system colleagues to meet data reporting needs and to enhance availability of institutional data through the implementation of Enterprise data reporting tools;
- support Goal 2 of the UMD Strategic Plan by creating a positive and inclusive climate within our work environment and interactions.
OIR adheres to the Code of Ethics and Professional Practice established by the Association for Institutional Research, which can be found here.